Sunday, February 28, 2010

Food Wars

Today I watched a show called "Food Wars" on the Travel Channel. This episode is hashing out with pizza war been Chicago's own deep dish pizza and New York's thin crust pizza. I have had both in both cities and I have to say that I am a fan of Chicago's deep dish. I love carbs, whether they are simple or complex--they are just good. Therefore deep dish this really feeds in to what I love. However, the gigantic slices of NYC's pizza is also to die for. Any one want to weigh in one the thin-crust vs. deep dish debate?

Apparently there was a Food Wars marathon on today because after the pizza episode was a barbecue episode. Little known fact--barbecue is the ONLY real American food. It originated in the South and the four "homes of barbecue," which are North Carolina, Texas, Memphis, TN., and Kansas City, Missouri. Who knew? I for one am not a HUGE fan of barbecue, but I do understand the appeal. Some ribs smothered in sauce with a side o' baked beans and a greasy roll? Mmmmm delish.

One last note: I think Inglorious Basterds will win Best Picture. I'm just going to put that out there now. It was a kick ass movie.

1 comment: