Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Friend is HIGH-larious

Laura Strahan is awesome. If you dont believe me, just read her blog: http://backhandspringsthroughbridgetown.blogspot.com/ OR take a gander at the smattering of photos of the two of us I'm putting on this post. I just read the last couple posts over my morning coffee at work and nearly choked...twice...on the caffienated brew while reading her quips and anecdotes about life, love, and everything inbetween including reality television and elementary school hot lunches.




2008 - In Prague on the Charles Bridge. We spent some time abroad in college. Me in Ireland, Laura in London. We hurrahed in the Czech Republic!

2009 - Cutting our cake at our domestic partnership ceremony. Just kidding.
2007 - Tegucigalpa, Honduras. On a Habitat for Humanity trip over Spring Break.

She's also my roommate (and has been since 2006) and we've spent an inordinate amount of time together in the last about seven years of our life. Wait, really? Seven years? Did I count right? 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011...yep, that's right! Laura would understand that I couldn't fully depend on my mental math skills because one of our initial bonding moments was in our first week of our freshman year of college when we both FAILED the math placement exam. As a result, we had to take a class titled "Great Ideas in Math," where we learned about things like infinity, and mobius bands, etc. It was basically a remedial math class for students that really should never have to get within coughing distance of numbers, fractions, or anything else that requires the use of the left-side of the brain. We are more creative types, which is why for our final project, we teamed up and changed the words to "Love Shack" to talk about mobius bands and danced in class. The professor loved it, A's for us!
Senior Year - Christmas party. 'Nuff said.

Anyway, read her blog. It's friggin-awesome. And she can do backhandsprings. And she uses terms like "mega chump" in relation to Kim Kardashian's newly-minted husband, which I LOVE.

Over and out.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. Thanks for this post Jib. I love you mucho! The last seven years have been fab havent they!? I am so thankful for you. Sorry for the mushy mushy vom vom comment. But I love you and mean it!

    ReplyDelete