Wednesday, October 12, 2011

An update in October

I am highly doubtful anyone reads this blog anymore because I post so infrequently. I have only myself to blame. However, I felt inspired this morning before I start making fundraising calls.


The next three weekends of October are very busy for me and I love it! This time of year is one of my favorites because the weather is crisp, leaves are on the ground, the decorations are festive, and we are still in anticipatory mode of the holidays. However, yesterday I was leaving work, got to the door to go outside and I kid you not it was a torrential downpour. Welcome back, crappy weather! I embrace you until February and then I’m through with you for another year. Unfortunately, I know it will continue to be rainy until July, which is why I continue to say that if I could have any magic power it would be to control the weather.

This weekend, I’m headed to Sunriver for the Democratic Party of Oregon Summit. This occurs bi-annually in the fall of every off election year. This will be my first time going. My only real goal for the weekend is to network the crap out of the thing and try to get hooked up with a great job since I was only brought on through October for the position I currently hold. I’m also curious to go to Sunriver, I have been there once or twice in my life, but because of the family alliance with Black Butte Ranch we never had a reason to go that far down Hwy 22. I’m looking forward to going for a weekend with really not much to do other than socialize and go to a dinner on Saturday evening. The keynote speaker is Cecile Richards, the president of the Planned Parenthood Action Fund. Should be an all-around good time.

The weekend after, I’m heading up to Seattle for the Oregon State/Washington State game at CenturyLink (Qwest is now CenturyLink) Field. Myself, Chris and Celia are all driving up together on Saturday for the 7:30pm game, and I am just hot to trot to go watch a football game under the lights. I went to Linfield, and have no real alliance to any PAC-12 team, but I know more true Beaver fans than Duck fans and have more OSU shirts, so I root for the Beavs normally.

The final weekend in October is Halloween weekend. I still haven’t figured out what to be…though I’m heavily leaning toward being Cher in the early days. I’ll need a leather fringe vest, bell bottoms, and a long black wig. I was watching Dancing with the Stars last night and saw her in the audience watching Chaz Bono do his thang. The woman doesn’t age! It’s weird and supernatural…or it’s botox and collagen, either one.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment