Thursday, December 24, 2009

"Fruit...Fly...Scare"



Christmas Eve has to be one of my favorite nights of the year. Not because of the presents or the anticipation of Santa, but because I know what's in store...The Batlan/Saiki Christmas Eve tradition. I could not love these people more, and every year someone inevitibly says something that they will never, ever live down. This year, Mr. Clyde Saiki was this special someone. Congrats Clyde-o, ODOT is lucky to have you.


Per the Saiki/Batlan Christmas Eve, it is tradition to play a game on this night. These games have gone from everything to your run of the mill board game to flip cup. The inagural year of flip cup was 2006 I believe, however, I'm not sure if that is actually the right year because I was so drunk off my ass I couldn't remember if we were celebrating Christmas or Easter. All I remember was singing Celine Dion in our garage and drinking more Coors Light than I think I have since. Yes, these were the best of times. But I disgress.


This year was no different. We ate some grub and played a game that fostered our competitive nature and gave all of us some good amo to continue to lovingly make fun of each other for years to come. Another fantastic Christmas Eve with the wonderful people I call my family.

1 comment:

  1. Saiki/Batlan Christmas Eve Game Night is the greatest of all holiday traditions. Hopefully, Andrew's inagural year goes as well as Russ's (minus the "I am a tool" comment).

    Also, cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete